In addition to the technical documents list above, all laboratories seeking or maintaining A2LA accreditation must comply with all policy and requirements documents listed below. Where applicable, these documents must be completed prior to the start of the accreditation process.
- Order ISO 17025. The A2LA Board of Directors has issued a policy requiring all laboratories to have an official copy of ISO/IEC 17025. Laboratories are being asked to confirm, in writing to A2LA, that the official copy is available on-site. Please print, and fill out form F102 – Ownership Confirmation: ISO/IEC 17025, and return to A2LA.
- Print and complete the F101 - Application for Accreditation: ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories. A2LA Document I109 - Fields of Accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories provides instructions on filling out Part II Section B of F101.
- Review the Explanations for the ISO/IEC 17025 Requirements web page. This section presents A2LA’s official applications of the ISO/IEC 17025 requirements. It is expected that laboratories will implement the requirements of the standard in accordance with the applications listed here. Otherwise, areas of non-conformance will be identified by the assessor during the on-site assessment. To have the latest updates delivered to you directly, please subscribe to the RSS feed.
- Review the R101 - General Requirements: Accreditation of ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories.
- Print, review, sign and submit the R102 - Conditions for Accreditation.
- Review the R103 - General Requirements: Proficiency Testing for ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories and R103a - Annex: Proficiency Testing for ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories. Please investigate and participate in proficiency testing as soon as possible.
- Review the P102 - A2LA Policy on Measurement Traceability. To locate an acceptable source of calibration services, please search the A2LA Scopes of Accreditation. Alternatively, you can choose a calibration laboratory that is accredited by one of our mutual recognition arrangement partners.
- Review the P101 - Reference to A2LA Accredited Status-A2LA Advertising Policy.
- If your laboratory performs testing and/or calibration at sites other than your permanent laboratory premises, print out the Field Testing/Calibration R104 - General Requirements: Accreditation of Field Testing and Field Calibration Laboratories and C103 - General Checklist: Accreditation of Field Testing and Field Calibration Laboratories (word).
- Additional Policies that may be applicable:
Listed guidance documents contain information that may be helpful to organizations seeking to comply with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements. These documents are not intended to be considered additional requirements for A2LA accreditation.