A2LA was recognized by the Department of Defense Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (DoD ELAP) to provide accreditation for environmental laboratories performing analysis in support of restoration work for the DoD. The requirements for the DoD ELAP are based on the DoD Quality System Manual Version 4.2 (QSM 4.2) which can be obtained by following this link http://www.navylabs.navy.mil/.
To attain A2LA Accreditation for testing activities identified in the DoD QSM 4.2, laboratories are required to fulfill the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005, as well as the DoD requirements found in QSM 4.2 and associated appendices. A Scope of Accreditation must be issued to the laboratory which identifies the specific parameters, matrices, preparation and analytical methods.
For more information on A2LA's Accreditation process, please contact Chris Gunning at 240 575 7481 or via email at
A2LA Application for DoD ELAP Accreditation Information:
- A2LA DoD ELAP Press Release
- A2LA Application for ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation
- F102 - Ownership Confirmation : ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- F210 - Scope of Accreditation Selection List: Environmental Testing Laboratories
- F225 - A2LA DoD ELAP Laboratory Consent Agreement