The American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is a nonprofit, non-governmental, public service,
membership society. We are the only independent (meaning that we are not governed by another, "parent" organization), non-profit, internationally-recognized accreditation body in the United States that offers a full range of comprehensive laboratory and laboratory-related accreditation services and training. Services are available to any type of organization, be it private or government. All
of our accreditation programs are based on internationally-accepted criteria for competence. In addition to the accreditation of laboratories, A2LA offers
programs for the accreditation of inspection bodies, proficiency testing providers, reference material producers and product
Provide world-class accreditation and training services for testing and calibration laboratories, inspection bodies, proficiency testing providers, reference material producers and product certifiers. These and other future services should create stakeholder confidence in the quality, competence and integrity of all A2LA-accredited organizations and in their products and services.
To be the premier provider of accreditations accepted everywhere and by everyone.
A2LA's Principles and Values
- Uncompromising Integrity
- Impartiality, Independence & Objectivity
- Continuous Improvement/Personal Renewal
- Respect for Individual Dignity
A2LA Board of Directors
The Association is governed by its Board of Directors, which is elected by the Association Membership. The current A2LA Board of Directors includes:
- Michael Kesselmayer (Chair) - Professional Service Industries, Inc.
- Robert Whitehead (First Vice Chair) - ChemWare, Inc.
- David Fischer (Second Vice Chair) - Fischer Custom Communications, Inc.
- David Evanson (Secretary) - Evanson Microbiological Services, LLC
- William Kogler (Treasurer)
- Timothy Osborne (Chair, Criteria Council) - Trescal, Inc.
- Niel Zuern (Chair, Accreditation Council) - Consultant
- Woodward Vogt (Past Chair) - Paradigm Consultants, Inc.
- Helga Alexander - Southern Research Institute
- Shahriar Amiri - Arlington County Government, VA
- Robert Brammer - Brammer Standard Company, Inc.
- Edward Colbert - Bayer MaterialScience, LLC
- John Fitzpatrick - APR Energy
- Arlene Fox - AOAC
- Bradley Goskowicz - Microbiologics
- Paul Moliski - Intertek
- Judith Morgan - ESC Lab Sciences
- James Nokes - Microbac
- R. Dan Reid - Consultant
- Eric Rieders - National Medical Services
- George Riley - Consultant
- Adam Schlosser - U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Dilip Shah - E=MC3 Solutions
- Francis Azzarto (Liaison) - General Electric Aircraft Engines
- Tim Brooke (Liaison) - ASTM International
- Charles Pixley (Liaison) - USDA FSIS LQAD
- George Salem (Liaison) - US Food and Drug Administration
- James Hostetler (Legal Counsel)