ISO/IEC 17020 and Inspection Body Accreditation
This course is a comprehensive look at ISO/IEC 17020 and its requirements for documenting your quality management system and demonstrating competence. In this course, you will gain critical insight into the interpretation of the requirements of this inspection body standard and you will also receive a detailed review of the accreditation process. In addition, you will learn what information a quality management system should contain and how to keep your documents and quality manual up-to-date.
- Course Introduction
- Registration, Accreditation, and Certification
- Mutual Recognition Arrangements
- A2LA Application and Accreditation Processes
- ISO/IEC 17020:2012 - What the Standard Requires:
- Impartiality, independence and confidentiality;
- Administrative, organizational and management structure;
- Resource requirements including equipment and personnel;
- Process requirements including inspection methods and reports; and
- Management system requirements, including document control, internal auditing, management review, corrective and preventive actions.
- A2LA Specific Requirements:
- Advertising your accreditation; and
There is no pre-requisite for this course.
Inspection Body management and quality personnel.
There is no exam for this course.
After successful completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Recall the differences between registration, certification, and accreditation;
- List the steps in the A2LA application and accreditation processes;
- Implement ISO/IEC 17020 requirements;
- Identify documents and records as required in ISO/IEC 17020:2012; and
- Describe the A2LA policies for advertising and traceability.
2-Day Course: 1.2 CEUs
The course materials are presented in an interactive lecture style incorporating individual and group activities.
PLEASE NOTE: A2LA can offer on-site training at your facility. For additional information about this option, please contact Julie Collins, A2LA Training Manager, at 301 644 3235 or jcollins@A2LA.org.