This course will use lecture, discussion and interactive exercises to assist you in understanding the benefit of the newly revised and recently published ISO 15189-2012 standard. Through the implementation of "best in class" guidance contained in ISO 15189, you will be able to:
- Use a systems view of quality management to better design and implement "best in class" laboratory functions;
- Design a "best in class" total laboratory process that addresses the principles of quality medical laboratory services; and
- Implement pre-examination, examination and post-examination processes essential to "best in class" patient care, specific to your laboratory.
The course content includes a comprehensive look at the ISO 15189 clauses, allowing you to better:
- Design, control, and implement documents and information.
- Manage arrangements with clients, referral laboratories and consultants, suppliers and advisory services;
- Identify, manage, monitor, and learn from complaints and non-conformances.
- Use corrective and preventive action processes, internal audits, management reviews for continual improvement;
- Engage your human resource function;
- Effectively implement the key process inputs to the critical laboratory systems of pre-analytic, analytic, post-analytic and reporting phases;
- Compete and fully participate in the domestic and international laboratory marketplace;
- Meet ethical and professional obligations to the patients and laboratory users you serve; and
- Surpass minimal quality requirements set by many governments and regulatory agencies.
When you effectively apply this knowledge you will:
- Continuously be prepared for the on-going regulatory visits that are integral to the laboratory business;
- Find yourself moving from more reactionary management to proactive management; and
- Better understand the intricacies of your business to facilitate continual improvement.
PLEASE NOTE: A2LA can offer on-site training at your facility. For additional information, please contact Julie Collins, A2LA Training and Membership Administrator, at 301 644 3235 or jcollins@A2LA.org .