A2LA's chemical testing field covers a broad array of techniques and analytes in many different industries.
Chemical testing may be broken into two primary areas: materials testing and life sciences testing.
Materials testing may include, but is not limited to, chemical analyses and detection (including instrumental and automated methods) on materials and products such as metals, plastics, rubber, coatings, and lead in products. Materials testing typically includes raw materials and/or finished products.
Life Sciences Testing
A2LA Announces Stand-Alone Sampling Organization Accreditation Program and Sampling Field of Accreditation
A2LA Accredits Demeter Laboratory and Galbraith Laboratories, Inc. to ISO/IEC 17025
A2LA Launches ISO 20387 Biobank Accreditation Program
A2LA Accredits Cornell Veterinary Biobank to New ISO 20387 International Standard
A2LA Accredits Stillwater Laboratories Inc. to ISO/IEC 17025
A2LA Accredits GEL Laboratories, LLC to ISO/IEC 17025
Life sciences testing is diverse and may include pharmaceutical products, cannabis, environmental samples (e.g., soil, water, or air), food, drugs, and veterinary diagnostic testing, among others.
If you are seeking information about chemical testing in the area of environmental samples (e.g. soil, water, or air analyses) this is typically covered under the A2LA environmental testing field.
- ISO/IEC 17025 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- Optional Requirements for the Accreditation of Field Work
- A2LA also offers additional requirements for laboratories performing tests in the field (i.e., at other than a permanent laboratory site).
- Optional Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) requirements.
A Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) is defined in …
The most important factor in determining the …
Yes. Domestic recognition of A2LA programs in…
A2LA Management has published a comprehensive…
Terms such as "quality system registration" or "a…
The key factor in determining the time it wil…
The requirements for which a CAB is normally asse…
A2LA has developed a short document entitled …
The cost to obtain accreditation will vary depend…
Conformity assessment accreditation is defined as…
The list of specific tests, types of tests, calib…
The introduction to ISO/IEC 17025 notes that accr…
Laboratories that intend to apply in the near fut…
A2LA now publishes all proficiency testing (PT) r…
A2LA's general Metrological Traceability Policy r…
There are five accreditation bodies (ABs) in the …
Exceptions to the A2LA Traceability Policy ca…
In general, A2LA's assessors will cite labora…
In order for us to investigate and assist in reso…
If the issue relates to a dispute with an A2L…
Evaluation of A2LA is done through the peer e…
In addition to the general chemical testing field, subprograms within this field have additional, specific requirements for accreditation:
- Veterinary Laboratory Accreditation Program
- Competition Animal Drug Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program
- Food and Pharmaceutical Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program
- Consumer Product Safety Testing (CPSC)
- Cannabis Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program