Understanding ISO/IEC 17043 and Statistical Analysis for Proficiency Testing Providers (MS 140)
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at Proficiency Testing (PT), including the design and operation of PT schemes, statistical methods, reporting, and interpretation. The participant will gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528, and will be presented with tools for basic statistical design and data analysis.
A legal, authorized copy of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528 standard will be provided to each participant.
- Definitions from ISO/IEC 17043.
- Types of proficiency testing.
- Various standards and guides for PT.
- Management system requirements.
- Design of PT schemes.
- Preparation of PT items.
- Statistics for PT.
- Interpretation of results for participants, accreditation bodies and other interested parties.
- A2LA Accreditation process and benefits,
- National and international practices.
Expertise in a technical field of measurement where Proficiency Testing is used or needed.
Proficiency testing providers considering accreditation to ISO requirements, or seeking a better understanding of the basic requirements for PT and process improvement; Accreditation Bodies; Assessors.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Implement actionable clauses;
3. Apply basic statistical techniques for analysis;
4. Practice statistical methodologies for designing and analyzing a Proficiency Testing scheme; and
5. Build an optimal statistical design for the objectives of a Proficiency Testing scheme
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
Hands-on exercises using Microsoft Excel. Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet program loaded in the computer for an interactive workshop.
ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity Assessment - General Requirements for Proficiency Testing
ISO 13528:2015 Statistical Methods for Use in Proficiency Testing by Interlaboratory Comparison
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
October 17, 2019 – October 18, 2019
MicroTek - Charlotte
5200 77th center Dr, Suite 200A
Charlotte, NC 28217
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Additional Location Info:
Hotel information: https://www.mclabs.com/room-rentals/microtek-charlotte/
October 23, 2019 – October 24, 2019
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM