ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and Inspection Body Accreditation (MS 120)
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at ISO/IEC 17020 and its requirements for Inspection Bodies. Participants will gain critical insight into the application of the requirements of this international Standard. Participants will also be introduced to the international MRA requirements which affect accredited Inspection Bodies.
- Course Introduction.
- Registration, Accreditation and Certification.
- Mutual Recognition Arrangements.
- A2LA Application and Accreditation Processes.
- ISO/IEC 17020:2012 - What the Standard Requires:
- Impartiality, independence and confidentiality;
- Administrative, organizational and management structure;
- Resource requirements including equipment and personnel;
- Process requirements including inspection methods and reports; and
- Management system requirements, including document control, internal auditing, management review, corrective and preventive actions.
- A2LA Specific Requirements:
- Advertising your accreditation; and
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Inspection Body management and quality personnel.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Implement actionable clauses;
3. Model the steps in the Inspection Process; and
4. Describe the international MRA requirements that impact an accredited Inspection Body
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials are presented in an interactive lecture style incorporating individual and group activities.
ISO/IEC 17020:2012 Conformity Assessment — Requirements for the Operation of Various Types of Bodies Performing Inspection
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
September 25, 2018 – September 26, 2018
Kinetic Technology Solutions
15495 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97224
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Additional Location Info:
Venue to be announced.
December 3, 2018 – December 4, 2018
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM