ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Advanced: Beyond the Basics
This is an advanced course in the application of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements. The course will provide a brief overview of the requirements of this laboratory standard, as well as provide an understanding of how to apply specific sections of the Standard in your laboratory. The course will emphasize the common problem areas found in assessed laboratories based upon deficiency report statistics. Possible solutions to these problems will be addressed. Employees of accredited laboratories may benefit from this expansion on their base knowledge of the Standard.
- Basic review of the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard.
- Discussion of commonly cited deficiencies and how to avoid them.
- Advanced techniques for managing documents and records.
- Advanced techniques for the implementation of and effective audit and continual improvement system.
- Understanding of the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard; and
- Experience working within an accredited management system structure.
This course is intended to augment the knowledge of staff working in an accredited laboratory.
The course is intended for individuals with a good working knowledge of the Standard. It will be beneficial for laboratory scientists, quality professionals, managers, supervisors, team leaders, and others responsible for implementation of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements in an accredited laboratory setting.
After successful completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the clauses against which deficiencies are commonly cited;
- Recognize how to avoid commonly cited deficiencies;
- Interpret documentation and record requirements, and implement using advanced techniques;
- Interpret and implement advanced techniques for system audits and improvements.
0.6 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
ISO/IEC 17025 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.