ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and Laboratory Accreditation, Including AOAC Food Program Guidelines (MS 103)
This course includes a comprehensive review as well as exposure to the core philosophies and requirements of this International Standard. Through lecture and a variety of interactive individual and class activities, the participant will be equipped to apply the Standard in its laboratory. In addition, this course focuses on the requirements of AOAC Food Program Guidelines. Included with the course, at no additional charge, is a licensed copy of the International Standard.
- Course Introduction.
- Registration vs. Accreditation vs. Certification.
- Mutual Recognition Agreements.
- A2LA Accreditation Process.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - What the Standard Requires:
- Requirements for a quality manual;
- Document control;
- Contracts with customers;
- Purchasing quality-critical services and supplies;
- Handling complaints and non-conforming work;
- Corrective and preventive actions;
- Records maintenance;
- Internal auditing and management review processes;
- Personnel training and authorization;
- Test and calibration procedures;
- Equipment calibration and maintenance;
- Traceability to the SI;
- Sample preparation;
- Quality control; and
- Test and calibration reports.
- A2LA Specific Requirements:
- Advertising accreditation;
- Reporting accredited results;
- Traceability requirements for measurement equipment; and
- Participation in proficiency testing.
- AOAC INTERNATIONAL Food Program Guidelines:
- Additional requirements within specific ISO/IEC 17025 clauses;
- Appendix A Equipment calibration and verification requirements;
- Appendix B Food Microbiology Specific program requirements;
- Appendix C Food Chemistry Specific program requirements;
- Appendix D Pharmaceutical Analysis and Legal Standards requirements;
- Appendix E Legal Samples requirements; and
- Additional requirements within specific ISO/IEC 17025 clauses.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
Laboratory management and quality personnel in a food-testing laboratory.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the Documents and Records required;
- Implement actionable clauses;
- Describe the specific calibration and verification requirements of the AOAC Guidelines;
- Describe the A2LA policies for Measurement Traceability, Proficiency Testing, and Advertising
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials will be presented in an interactive lecture style (50%), as well by using application exercises and role playing (50%).
ISO/IEC 17025:2005-General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
AOAC INTERNATIONAL Guidelines for Laboratories Performing Microbiological and Chemical Analyses of Food, Dietary Supplements Requirements, April 2015
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
April 3, 2018 – April 4, 2018
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM