ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for Cannabis Testing Laboratories (MS 104)
This course includes a comprehensive review as well as exposure to the core philosophies and requirements of this International Standard. Through lecture and a variety of interactive individual and class activities, the participant will be equipped to apply the Standard in its laboratory. In addition, this course focuses on the requirements of cannabis testing laboratories. Included with the course, at no additional charge, is a licensed copy of the International Standard.
- Course Introduction.
- What Accreditation Is NOT
- Registration vs. Accreditation vs. Certification.
- The international community.
- How and why the standard applies to cannabis.
- A2LA Accreditation Process.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 - What the Standard Requires:
- Documents and Records – what are they and how to discern them in the standard
- Requirements for a quality manual;
- Document control;
- Contracts/Agreements with customers;
- Purchasing quality-critical services and supplies;
- Handling complaints and non-conforming work;
- Corrective and preventive actions;
- Records maintenance;
- Internal auditing and management review processes;
- Personnel training and authorization;
- Test and calibration procedures;
- Equipment calibration and maintenance;
- Traceability to the SI;
- Sample preparation;
- Quality control; and
- Test and calibration reports.
- A2LA Specific Requirements:
- Advertising accreditation;
- Reporting accredited results;
- Traceability requirements for measurement equipment; and
- Participation in proficiency testing.
There is no pre-requisite for this course.
Testing laboratory management and quality personnel and Regulators.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Implement ISO/IEC 17025:2005 through key word recognition;
2. Identify the areas where Documents and Records are required by ISO/IEC 17025:2005;
3. Apply actionable clauses of ISO/IEC 17025:2005; and
4. Describe the A2LA policies for Measurement Traceability, Proficiency Testing and Advertising
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials will be presented in an interactive lecture style (50%), as well by using application exercises and role playing (50%).
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
September 25, 2018 – September 26, 2018
Kinetic Technology Solutions
15495 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97224
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
October 22, 2018 – October 23, 2018
San Diego Training & Conf
450 B Street, Suite 650
San Diego, CA 92101
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM