ISO/IEC 17043 and Accreditation for Proficiency Testing Providers (MS 140)
This course provides the participant with a comprehensive look at Proficiency Testing (PT), including the design and operation of PT schemes, statistical methods, reporting, and interpretation. The participant will gain an understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043 and ISO 13528, and will be presented with tools for basic statistical design and data analysis.
- Definitions from ISO/IEC 17043.
- Types of proficiency testing.
- Various standards and guides for PT.
- Management system requirements.
- Design of PT schemes.
- Preparation of PT items.
- Statistics for PT.
- Interpretation of results for participants, accreditation bodies and other interested parties.
- A2LA Accreditation process and benefits,
- National and international practices.
Expertise in a technical field of measurement where Proficiency Testing is used or needed.
Proficiency testing providers considering accreditation to ISO requirements, or seeking a better understanding of the basic requirements for PT and process improvement; Accreditation Bodies; Assessors.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records required;
2. Implement actionable clauses;
3. Apply basic statistical techniques for analysis;
4. Practice statistical methodologies for designing and analyzing a Proficiency Testing scheme; and
5. Build an optimal statistical design for the objectives of a Proficiency Testing scheme
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
Hands-on exercises using Microsoft Excel. Please bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet program loaded in the computer for an interactive workshop.
ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity Assessment - General Requirements for Proficiency Testing
ISO 13528:2015 Statistical Methods for Use in Proficiency Testing by Interlaboratory Comparison
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
July 9, 2018 – July 10, 2018
Chicago , IL
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Additional Location Info:
Venue to be announced.