ISO/IEC 17065 and Product Certification Accreditation (MS 160)
During this course, the participant will gain insight into the requirements and application of the ISO/IEC 17065 standard to ensure effective implementation regardless of the certification scheme being operated. Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions about the guidance offered by ISO/IEC 17065 to assist in the creation and maintenance of a certification scheme.
- Course introduction.
- The A2LA accreditation process.
- Discussion of International Recognition Agreements related to Certification Bodies.
- Certification process overview.
- Requirements for operating a certification body (in-depth, clause-by-clause discussion of the ISO/IEC 17065 standard).
- Guidelines for creating and maintaining a certification scheme.
There is no prerequisite for this course. However, some familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025, 17020, and/or 17021 may be helpful.
This course is relevant to any individual who manages certification schemes, participates in the operation of a product, process or certification scheme, or assesses against the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065:2012 (formerly ISO Guide 65).
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the Documents and Records;
2. Implement actionable clauses;
3. Recognize the differences between the ILAC MRA and IAF MLA and how these international agreements (and their requirements) affect product certifiers;
4. Discuss how certification schemes provide different frameworks for product certifier operations; and
5. Model the steps in the certification process
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
ISO/IEC 17065:2012- Requirements for Bodies Certifying Products, Processes and Services.
ISO/IEC 17067:2013-Fundamentals of Product Certification and Guidelines for Product Certification Schemes.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
June 19, 2018 – June 20, 2018
University Center of Lake County
1200 University Center Drive
Grayslake, IL 60030
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
October 16, 2018 – October 17, 2018
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Additional Location Info:
If you would like the A2LA corporate rate when booking your stay please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.