Measurement Systems Analysis Using Excel Statistical Tools (EMU 110)
This course provides the participant with essential tools to be efficient in laboratory operations, including making continual measurement process improvements in the calibration and testing environment. Industry-proven Statistical tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), False Accept Risk, Hypothesis Testing and others are covered in this workshop.
- Basic statistics using Excel, as applied to calibration and testing.
- Tools for estimating Type A measurement uncertainty.
- Statistical Process Control for monitoring data.
- Making statistical inferences and applying data to metrology for:
- Measurement uncertainty;
- Calibration interval analysis;
- Monitoring trends; and
- Measurement decision risk.
• (EMU 101) Introduction to Measurement Uncertainty course (EMU 101), or other basic university/collegiate statistical coursework
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or equivalent
The participant will need to bring a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed.
This workshop is geared toward a laboratory that is in the process of obtaining accreditation or one that is already accredited and looking to continually improve its measurement processes. Quality, technical managers and laboratory technicians will find the tools and techniques learned useful for immediate application in their work environment.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Apply tools and techniques learned during the workshop to their measurement processes;
2. Employ the statistical capability of Microsoft Excel;
3. Identify and Utilize supplemental tools for determining Type A measurement uncertainty (Repeatability and Reproducibility); and
4. Demonstrate techniques for calibration interval analysis and other improvements to the measurement process
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, interaction, and group exercises.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.