NEW – Advanced Measurement Uncertainty Skills (EMU 301)
This course rounds out the A2LA Measurement Uncertainty Expert training track. During this two-day course, the participant will complete their study and application of advanced Measurement Uncertainty concepts and estimation techniques. The participant will use advanced quality tools such as MSA, SPC, and sampling to evaluate uncertainties.
1. (EMU 201 or EMU 202) Applied Measurement Uncertainty
2. Basic experience using statistics to create measurement uncertainty estimates
3. Understanding of the BIPM Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (“the GUM”)
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet use
The participant will need to bring a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. List and define the contributors for measurement uncertainty evaluations;
2. Discuss when qualitative or quantitative uncertainties are required;
3. Determine how contributors are considered for inclusion in the uncertainty budget;
4. Evaluate an Uncertainty Budget for proper content; and
5. Based upon the magnitudes of the contributions, identify opportunities for uncertainty mitigation
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.