NEW – Implementation of QA/QC Program and Risk Management Strategies Using Control Charts (EMU 250)
In this course, participants will learn how to implement control charting QA/QC program with risk management in mind. We will present different strategies for designing control chart based QA/QC program and selection of types of control charts to reduce risk of not detecting an upset in testing process. We will discuss how to develop Out of Control Action Plan (OCAP) to reduce risk of reporting bad data. We will also review statistical methods for evaluating analytical measurement system performance in terms of precision, bias and measurement system stability and explain tactics for periodic review of control chart parameters.
1. (EMU 100) Basic Statistics [Required]
2. (EMU 110) Measurement Systems Analysis [Suggested]
3. Working experience in Calibration or Testing laboratories
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet use
The participant will need to bring a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify proper reference (check) standards for implementing control charts
2. Define, from memory, terms to support Statistical Process Control analysis
3. Build control charts in spreadsheets
4. Given charts, determine course of action for out-of-control data
5. Evaluate and validate the performance of Analytical Measurement Systems
1.6 CEUs Awarded*
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
December 6, 2018 – December 7, 2018
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Additional Location Info:
If you would like the A2LA corporate rate when booking your stay please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.