NEW – Intermediate Statistics (EMU 200)
This course reviews concepts of random processes, distributions and statistical estimation. Participants will learn basic concepts of statistical testing, methods of testing ‘means’ and ‘variances’ and examples where this would be used in the laboratory. Participants will learn basics of regression and its application to calibration and demonstrating linearity. All topics are tied together by considering estimation of LOD and LOQ.
Non-Member Price: $895.00
• (EMU 100) Basic Statistics
The participant will need to bring a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. From memory, define terms such as sample and population means, variance, deviation, precision, sensitivity, correlation, limits of detection, limits of quantitation, etc.
2. Discuss the concepts of statistical estimation, hypothesis testing
3. Given examples perform comparative analysis of testing mean against fixed values and another set of means
4. Perform a regression analysis from data provided by the instructor
5. Evaluate the uncertainty of a regression analysis
6. Using the previous information, determine limits of detection and quantitation
1.2 CEUs Awarded*
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
October 18, 2018 – October 19, 2018
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Additional Location Info:
If you would like the A2LA corporate rate when booking your stay please contact email@example.com.
December 13, 2018 – December 14, 2018
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
1380 Harbor Island Dr.
San Diego , CA 92101
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Phone: (619) 291-2900