NEW – Introduction to Control Charting (EMU 150)
This course provides the participant with the fundamentals of Statistical Process Control. Key concepts are discussed such as individual and variable charts, ‘X-bar’ and ‘s’ charts, etc., to equip the participant to understand how processes change over time and if a process is in or out of control (stability).
• Familiar with basic arithmetic functions in spreadsheets
The participant will need to bring a laptop computer with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet installed.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Discuss the various components to control charts
2. Based on process examples and decision tree provided, determine the appropriate control chart application
3. Using data provided, build a control chart and predict if the process is "in control"
4. Using a provided Excel template and data, determine if a process is out of control (unstable) and describe some of the errors that could have caused the condition and suggest possible mitigating tools
0.8 CEUs Awarded*
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
December 3, 2018
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Additional Location Info:
If you would like the A2LA corporate rate when booking your stay please contact email@example.com.