Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 and AOAC Food Program Guidelines (MS 112)
This course focuses on the application of the 17025 requirements and the AOAC INTERNATIONAL Guidelines for Laboratories Performing Microbiological and Chemical Analyses of Food, Dietary Supplements Requirements, in an accredited food testing laboratory setting.
None, although familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and/or the previous version of the AOAC program requirements may be beneficial
Laboratory management and quality personnel in a food-testing laboratory.
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the process-based approach of the Standard;
2. Explain new concepts in 17025:2017 such as:
a. Continual Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
b. Verification and Validation;
c. Decision Rules;
d. Principles of Impartiality; and
e. Risk Based Thinking
3. Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
4. Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability;
5. List the areas where Documents and Records are required under the new Standard; and
6. Describe the specific calibration and verification requirements of the AOAC Program
1.4 CEUs Awarded*
The course materials will be presented in an interactive lecture style (50%), as well by using application exercises and role playing (50%).
Equipment/Materials: A legal, authorized copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard and AOAC Program Requirements document will be provided to each participant.
*American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
October 21, 2019 – October 22, 2019
5202 Presidents Ct.
Frederick, MD 21703
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
December 10, 2019 – December 11, 2019
MicroTek - San Francisco
655 Montgomery Street, Suite 400,
San Francisco , CA 94111
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Additional Location Info:
Hotel Information: https://www.mclabs.com/room-rentals/microtek-san-francisco/