New & Updated Documents
A2LA Today l June 2017 l Number 135
By Pam Wright, A2LA Quality Manager
The following documents have been updated within the controlled A2LA management system. All of these documents are available on the A2LA website (www.A2LA.org) through the “Search” tool or on your customized “CAB Portal” (as appropriate) unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions about these updates, please contact A2LA at 301.644.3248 or your Accreditation Officer directly.
- C241 - Specific Checklist - Combined ISO-IEC 17025, TNI Field Sampling and Measurement Organization Accreditation Program Requirements and ASTM D7036-04 Standard Practice of Competence for Air Emission Testing Bodies is a new checklist issued on 3/10/17. This checklist is not available on the public A2LA website.
- C311 – Specific Checklist: Combined ISO/IEC 17020 and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)was revised on 3/10/17. This checklist is not available on the public A2LA website.
- C335 – Specific Checklist – Special Inspection Agencies City of Philadelphia Requirements is a new checklist issued on 4/11/17.
- F234 – A2LA Houston Governmental Laboratory Consent Agreement was made obsolete on 4/6/17 as the language of the agreement was added to both R208 - Specific Requirements: Construction Materials Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program and R209 – Specific Requirements: Geotechnical Engineering Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program for Identified Houston and Harris County, Texas Jurisdictions.
- G108 - Guidelines for Estimating Uncertainty for Microbiological Counting Methods was made obsolete on 5/19/17 and is being reworked by a working group of the LSAC.
- R207 – Specific Requirements: Environmental Lead Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program was revised on 4/12/17 for specific criteria updated to reflect the NLLAP 2017 MOU.
- R207 – Transition Memorandum - Specific Requirements: Environmental Lead Testing Laboratory Accreditation Program is a new document issued on 4/12/17.
- R241 – Specific Requirements – STAC Accreditation Program Requirements (ASTM D7036) is a new document issued on 3/10/17.
- R311 - Specific Requirements: Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) was revised on 3/10/17.
- R310c – Annex: City of Philadelphia Special Inspection Agencies is a new document issued on 4/11/17.
Pam Wright Honored at NCSLI 2016 Event
NewsA2LA Calibration Accreditation Manager, Pam Wright, was honored by NCSL International at their 2016 Workshop and Symposium. Ms. Wright was presented with the following awards by NCSLI President, Roge… Read more
ISO/IEC 17025 Identified as an Approved Forensic Standard by the OSAC
NewsThe Organization of Scientific Area Committees (OSAC), a forensic organization administered by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), has recently completed its review of the ISO/IEC … Read more
A2LA Welcomes Newly Approved Lead Assessors
NewsSince the previous issue of A2LA Today, the following individuals have achieved the status of “Staff Approved Lead Assessor” and have begun performing assessments for A2LA: Read more