New & Updated Documents December 2017
A2LA Today l December 2017 l Number 137
By Pam Wright, A2LA Quality Manager
The following documents have been updated within the controlled A2LA management system. The following documents are available on the A2LA website or on your customized portal (as appropriate) unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions about these updates, please contact A2LA at 301.644.3248 or your Accreditation Officer directly.
All external checklists were updated for a revised CAB information block and updated headers. Please note that the revision dates were NOT changed as this was only an editorial change.
- C309 - General Checklist: ISO/IEC Guide 65 Product Certification Body Accreditation Program was made obsolete on 10/10/17. Please make a note for your records.
- C243 - Specific Checklist: Combined ISO/IEC 17025 and Cannabis Testing Accreditation Program is a revised document dated 11/8/17. Editorial for title change only.
- C239 - Specific Checklist: Forensic Accreditation Program - Forensic Science Agency was made obsolete on 11/28/17. Please make a note for your records.
- F301 – Application for Accreditation: ISO/IEC 17020 Inspection Bodies was made obsolete on 10/9/17.
- F344 - Scope of Accreditation Selection List – Cannabis Testing Laboratory is a new document dated 11/20/17.
- G109 - Template for Specifying Accredited Services was made obsolete on 10/10/17.
- G123 – Guidance for Accreditation of Cannabis Testing Laboratories is a new document dated 11/20/17.
- R301 -Transition Memorandum was made obsolete on 10/9/2017.
- R311 - Transition Memorandum 1-4-17 was made obsolete on 11/13/17.
- R243 - Specific Requirements - Cannabis Testing Accreditation Program is a revised document dated 11/8/17. Editorial for title change only.
- R304 – General Requirements: ISO 17034 Reference Material Producer Accreditation Program is a revised document dated 11/3/17. Editorial for the change in the assignment of an anniversary date.
- P103c – Annex: Policy on Estimating Measurement Uncertainty for Electromagnetic Testing Labs is a revised document dated 11/20/17. Changes include:
- Title change
- Added “Near Field Communication (NFC)” and corresponding “NFC Forum Analog Technical Specification” as CAT V under “Wireless Testing”
- Added EN 62493 as CAT V Under “Specific Absorption Rate – SAR Testing & RF Exposure”
- R239 - Specific Requirements: Forensic Examination Accreditation Program - Forensic Science Agency was made obsolete on 11/28/17. Please make a note for your records.
- R301 - General Requirements: Accreditation of ISO/IEC 17020 Inspection Bodies is a revised document dated 11/6/17 in L:\Requirements. Changes include:
- Change the anniversary date range for newly accredited customers to 45-75 days.
- Note the revised process for selecting AC members.
- Removed the option for allowing different standards on a single scope.
- P119 - A2LA Policy on Remote Assessment is a new document dated 12/1/17.
Informational & Instructional Documents:
- I109 - Fields of Accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories was made obsolete on 10/9/17.
- I110 - A2LA Accreditation Cycle Timing was made obsolete on 10/9/17.
- I106 – Available Proficiency Testing Programs is a revised document dated 11/15/17. Editorial changes were made for updating PT provider contact information.
More from December 2017 A2LA Today:
- ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17011 Update
- First A2LA ISO 15189 Accreditation in South America
- A2LA Stakeholders Participates in Award-winning AOAC Working Group on Cannabis
A2LA Accepting Applications for Department of Homeland Security P25 Compliance Assessment Program (P25 CAP)
NewsIn response to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Interoperability and Compatibility (OIC) posting of new P25 Compliance Assessment Bulletins (CABs) that outline test procedures for … Read more
Public Documents Restored
A2LA Welcomes Newly Approved Lead Assessors
NewsSince the previous issue of A2LA Today, the following individuals have achieved the status of “Staff Approved Lead Assessor” and have begun performing assessments for A2LA: Read more