2020 Tech Forum - Call for Speakers
2020 Tech Forum
Be part of one of the accreditation industry’s largest annual events.
2020 CALL FOR SPEAKERS NOW CLOSED
A2LA Tech Forum Background
A2LA challenges the global accreditation industry to propose the best speakers from around the world to speak at Tech Forum 2020.
A2LA encourages the industry to bring forward thought leaders, innovators and industry experts for consideration in the opportunity to be on one of the accreditation industry’s most influential platforms.
We're calling on the entire accreditation industry to ensure we have full representation and a diversity of voices on the A2LA Tech Forum stage.
Here is your chance to showcase your industry expertise at one of the largest multidisciplinary, accreditation conferences in the world: The A2LA Tech Forum.
The event will run from April 26 through 29, 2020 at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia. Nearly 500 event professionals gather at the Tech Forum to participate in more than 50 educational sessions, attend networking events, and browse the exhibit hall floor.
A2LA Tech Forum program attendees consist of scientists, technicians, managers, directors/c-suite, owners/presidents/CEOs, and specifiers covering over 13 different industries.
Subject areas Include but are not limited to: Accreditation, ISO standards, quality, compliance, conformity assessments, testing/calibration procedures, measurement uncertainty, related soft skills, and industry-related news, innovation, and upcoming trends.
Speaker Review and Selection Process
Please note the speaking dates are on April 27, 28, and 29th. Most sessions are one-hour in length. Please do not submit if unwilling or unable to present during this time.
An A2LA-appointed committee will review all speaker submissions and makes a final determination on selections for the program using the following criteria:
- Concise objectives with actionable takeaways for attendees.
- A unique take on the latest trends in accreditation and covered program areas (visit https://www.a2la.org/accreditation for details on those area) that will inspire and educate.
- An industry expert voice and point of view
- Usefulness and practicality of the topic to the audience.
- Shows engagement, mobilization and enthusiasm on the topic.
The best submissions demonstrate the speaker is an influential leader and is dedicated to quality, compliance and technical competency in the various industries that A2LA serves.
The deadline for the 2020 Call for Presentations is Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5:00PM EST.
Speaking Status Notification
Applicants will be notified of their Tech Forum 2020 speaking status no later than October 18, 2019.
A2LA Speaker Benefits
- Confirmed A2LA Tech Forum speakers will receive one (1) complimentary full conference pass for Tech Forum 2020 (limit one free pass per session).
- Promotion as an official A2LA Tech Forum speaker on relevant marketing materials and media.
- One (1) complimentary night’s stay at host hotel, the Washington Dulles Westfields Marriott (room and tax).
What A2LA expects from speakers
- Provide electronic versions of appropriate slides, handouts, and/or other supplemental materials related to their session to be posted online for members and attendees to access. Materials must be provided in advance so that PDF versions can be made available to attendees during the conference. Speakers should be willing to commit to submitting electronic Handout materials by February 28, 2020.
- Sessions may include a maximum of one (1) speaker per session.
- Provide educational presentations with no commercial influence. Sales and product promotions are strictly prohibited during Tech Forum educational sessions. Failure to comply will influence future consideration of presentations.
- Speakers agree to their presentation being simulcast to mobile technology devices of attendees and therefore will be required to use supplied equipment and should plan to forward to A2LA their final presentation prior to the March 31, 2020 deadline and bring on a USB device or external drive, as backup for any unforeseen incidents
- Speakers grant the A2LA Tech Forum permission and rights to record their session and make the recording and materials available through www.A2LA.org and A2LA Membership websites, A2LA managed social media and A2LA publications at A2LA’s discretion, including for sale.
- Speaker will be required to sign a speaking agreement provided by the A2LA.
- Insert the provided official event logo into all collateral.
- Promote the event and their session via their social media, podcasts, blogs, etc.
What Speakers may expect from A2LA
- Audio/visual equipment provided for each session. This will include: a laptop, projector, screen and lavalier microphone and a lavaliere microphone. Any further need must be requested in writing no later than March 31, 2020.
- Access provided to attendees to electronic versions of the supplemental materials (including PDF versions of presentations, handouts, notes, etc., where applicable) prior to the session. We will not print or distribute printed materials. You may print your own copies at your own cost – please contact forum@A2LA.org prior to the event for a headcount. With this being said, we encourage you to go “green” and post your handouts with us prior to the event.
- Promotion and acknowledgement of speakers and their sessions through the www.A2LA.org website, emails and printed promotional materials.
- Upon completion of the 2020 Tech Forum, A2LA will send a complete summary of the speakers’ survey, feedback and scores in comparison to the average score for the all the 2020 education sessions.
- Speakers are responsible for travel arrangements to and from the A2LA Tech Forum and any travel related expenses.
- Speakers are responsible for payment of additional hotel room nights over the one (1) complimentary night at the host hotel.
- A2LA typically does not pay speakers to participate in the conference program or to travel to A2LA.
Questions? Contact Us
For inquiries related to our Call for Speakers, please contact the A2LA Conferences Team.
All the speaking sessions for 2020 are filled, but if you would like to be considered for the 2021 Tech Forum, we will accept session proposals on a rolling basis until August 1, 2020. Click here to view submission form.