Tech Forum Cancellation FAQ
- Why was A2LA’s 2020 Tech Forum in Chantilly, Virginia, canceled?
The CDC declared a nationwide mandate of no mass gatherings over 50 people on March 15, 2020 due to the outbreak of a novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). A2LA made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel the 2020 Tech Forum and all related events.
- Will the Tech Forum be rescheduled?
No. Due to the size of the Tech Forum, it is not possible to reschedule for another date during 2020. An event of its size needs to be scheduled at least three years before the event to ensure adequate space in the meeting venue and enough hotel rooms to accommodate all attendees.
- Will the Tech Forum be held in a virtual format?
No. At this time, the 2020 Tech Forum will not be converted to a virtual event.
- Will I receive a refund for my conference registration now that the event is canceled?
A2LA has instituted a 100% refund policy for all Attendees. Sponsors and Exhibitors may defer their investment to the next A2LA Tech Forum, scheduled for April 18-21, 2021, in Chantilly, Virginia, by contacting A2LA at forum@A2LA.org no later than Monday, March 30, 2020. Otherwise, full refunds will be issued automatically by April 1, 2020.
- What if I previously canceled, will I receive a refund for the cancelation fee?
If you previously canceled, please contact us at forum@A2LA.org, and the cancelation fee paid at the time of your registration cancelation will be automatically refunded within 30 days from the April 1, 2020 conference cancelation refund date.
- Will I be reimbursed for housing expenses?
If you reserved a hotel room through A2LA’s room block, no deposit was taken to book your room, and no action is needed at this time. Confirmation of your cancelation message will come via email from the Westfields Marriott. If you reserved a hotel room outside of the room block or at another hotel, you must contact the respective hotel directly. A2LA offers no reimbursement for hotel rooms booked outside of the Tech Forum room block.
- Will I be reimbursed for travel expenses?
Unfortunately, A2LA cannot reimburse travel expenses. Please contact the airline, train service, etc. directly to inquire about reimbursement.
- I’m a Sponsor or Exhibitor. What is the process to get reimbursed?
The process for Sponsors and Exhibitors is the same as attendees; A2LA will issue a refund within 30 days from April 1, 2020. If your company would like to defer your Sponsorship or Exhibit booth investment to the 2021 A2LA Tech Forum, scheduled for April 18-21, 2021, in Chantilly, VA, you must contact A2LA at forum@A2LA.org no later than Monday, March 30, 2020.
- I joined A2LA when registering for the Tech Forum to take advantage of the member rate for registration. Is my membership still valid?
Yes. Refunds generated due to event cancelation are limited to registration costs; membership fees are not reimbursed due to the year-round member benefits.
- I was planning to attend a pre/post-conference meeting. Will it be rescheduled?
We will be communicating with each group to discuss options, including Board of Directors Meeting, the President’s Advisory Council Meeting, and WorkPlace Training classes.
- How can I get involved with the 2021 event?
• Register to attend (registration will open in December 2020)
• Session speaker opportunities. Watch for the Call for Speakers this summer.
• Sponsor and Exhibit. Look for the 2021 Prospectus later this year.