Field Evaluation Body Accreditation Program
The A2LA Field Evaluation Body (FEB) Accreditation Program is for organizations that evaluate electrical equipment that is utilized, modified, one-of-a-kind, or limited production (that is not listed or field-labeled under a certification program) to ensure that it complies with applicable codes or standards.
A2LA has two options for accreditation under the FEB program:
- Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17020, ILAC P15, and NFPA 790 and 791 falls under the A2LA ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) Scope of Recognition and offers global recognition to the FEB.
- Accreditation to NFPA 790 and 791 Only: This option is not covered under the ILAC MRA.
- NFPA 790 - Standard for Competency of Third-Party Field Evaluation Bodies
- NFPA 791 - Recommended Practice and Procedures for Unlabeled Electrical Equipment Evaluation.
- A2LA also offers accreditation to ISO/IEC 17020 Requirements for the Operation of Various Types of Bodies Performing Inspection
- ILAC P15-Application of ISO/IEC 17020 for the Accreditation of Inspection Bodies, in conjunction with NFPA 790 and 791.
Precision Measurement Training Program
A2LA Accreditation Programs - Open Q&A
The A2LA Forensic Accreditation Program - An Overview
International Accreditation and A2LA
ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and Inspection Body Accreditation (MS 120)
A2LA Launches Bluetooth Qualification Program
A2LA Issues First Accreditation to Newly Published ISO/IEC 17025:2017
A2LA Launches Cybersecurity Inspection Body Program
A2LA Accredits First Recreational Marijuana Laboratory in Alaska to ISO/IEC 17025
A2LA Today March 2018 Newsletter
ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17011 Update
FEBs evaluate unlabeled electrical equipment in t…
The Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) makes the…
FEBs only perform electrical equipment evaluation…
There are two prominent standards against which F…
A2LA offers two different options for FEBs to mak…
The key difference between these programs is the …
A2LA lists the Scopes and Certificates of Accredi…